2013 Meeting Schedule for Planning Commission and City Council.
The PLANNING COMMISSION of Alpine City, Utah will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 7:00 pm at Alpine City Hall, 20 North Main, Alpine, Utah for the purpose of receiving public comment on a proposed ordinance creating an overlay zone that would permit the construction of town homes in the business commercial zone. A copy of the proposed ordinance is available for review at City Hall.
The CITY COUNCIL of Alpine City, Utah will hold a public hearing on June 11, 2013 at 7:00 pm or whenever it comes up on the agenda at Alpine City Hall, 20 North Main, Alpine, Utah to receive public comment on amending the 2012-2013 Budget.
The CITY COUNCIL of Alpine City, Utah will hold a public hearing on June 11, 2013 at 7:00 pm or whenever it comes up on the agenda at Alpine City Hall, 20 North Main, Alpine, Utah to receive public comment on the 2013-2014 Budget. A copy of the budget may be viewed at Alpine City Hall or reviewed online at www.alpinecity.org
Alpine City Events
Memorial Day Program & Breakfast @ City Cemetery 7:00am
City Council Meeting 7:00pm @ City Hall
Planning Commission Meeting 7pm @ City Hall
Public Hearing & City Council Meeting 7pm @ City Hall
2013 Water Conservation/Restriction Program
- Water use restrictions will be in effect starting June 1, 2013, unless further notice is given.
- Residential Users: Use of irrigation water will be allowed three days per week. Odd numberd addresses will be allowed to water Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Even numberd addresses will be allowed to water Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. The time period for residential watering will be from 8 pm on the scheduled day until 8am the following day.
- City Parks and other Large Water Users (schools, churches, ect.): The City will coordinate a plan for irrigation of the parks/other facilities and with the other large water users. This plan will require watering during the day to balance the use in the system. Some parks may only get watered once per week.
- Agricultural Users: Alpine City is working with the Alpine Irrigation Company and the agricultural users to implement a water restriction program.
- The City is finalizing the details of an enforcement plan for those violating the water use restrictions.
Green Waste Pickup
Alpine City has the opportunity to begin a GREEN WASTE program if 40% of the residents sign up. A Green Waste can will be $5.50/month and will be picked up the same day as your trash. Call us today 801-756-6347
Now Hiring - Public Works Technician
Alpine City is now accepting applications or resumes for the position of Public Works Technician, job closes 05/24/2013 at 5:00pm. Click here for a full job description. Applications can be turned into City Hall or resumes emailed to email@example.com
The State and County are now issuing burn permits Click Here for more information
Alpine City Municipal Election 2013
Alpine City will hold a Municipal Election on November 5, 2013 for the following offices:
Mayor 4-year term
Two (2) City Council seats 4-year term
Candidate filing period begind June 3, 2013
Candidate Filing period ends June 7, 2013
Qualifications for Candidacy are:
Be a United States Citizen
Be a registered voter of the municipality
Be a resident of the municipality or recently annexed area for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
Be mentally competent
Not be convicted of a felony or treason unless the right to hold elective office has been restored.
Declaration of Candidacy forms or Nomination Petitions must be filed in person with the City Recorder's office at Alpine City Hall, 20 North Main, Alpine, Utah between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. To obtain a Declaration of Candidacy form or if you have questions, contact Charmayne at 801-756-6241.
Utah Code Annotated 10-3-301; 20A-0-203
Alpine City is now interactive with Twitter, Facebook and Parlant. Follow us for up-to-date information
Click on the "TALK TO CITY" link above and sign up for text messages
Twitter - follow "alpinecityutah"
Facebook - Like the Alpine City page
We have renewed our contract with Ace Disposal so they will continue to pick up our garbage. We have been pleased with their service.